Thursday 20 November 2014

Love Them Enough to Let Them Go


Love Them Enough to Let Them Go

I call it a little tiny black cloud. My former lover calls it stormy seas.
The logical ones call it depression or maybe sadness.
The writer in me calls it heartbreak.
When it rolls in, my little black cloud, I ask myself if it was all really worth it.
The writer in me once again intervenes and remembers those nights where we kissed under the stars, electric.
It was worth it, because without those nights with my muse, I would not have been able to have the voice to heal all of those lost and heartbroken souls out there.
I felt as if for a moment, the heavens opened up for my former lover and I.
Little stars fell down all around us.
I looked at my former lover, at his intense blue eyes, and tears began to form around my just as equally intense brown eyes,
You see there were already two little black clouds already forming around my former and I from the moment we first kissed.
Sometimes you can just intuitively feel in it in the air, you just know when your love is star-crossed.
We tried to outrun it. I ran and hid behind my castle walls. Because he was my knight and shining armor he went to slay his dragons.
The other day, I looked out into the distance from my castle. I saw my former lover off in the distance, he was weary and still slaying his dragons. His little black cloud had grown into a massive one.
I took my bow and arrow in hopes that I could shoot his cloud down. I thought if I shot it down he would feel all of my love and itwould foster his return.
I shot my arrow straight through his cloud. Stars fell all around my knight. I know he feels my love.
Rather than waiting for this return though, I did something different.
I released him.
Sometimes you have to love someone enough to let them go. Your knights often need go off and slay their dragons alone without you. Also, I have climb down these castle walls and start new adventures. I have my own dragons to slay too.
But, here is something important to understand, love always remembers.
You will always take those memories of kisses under the heavens with you.
So, for all of those fair maidens out there, broken hearted waiting for their knights to return:
Love them enough release them.
-Lucy Tambara

1 comment: